Deepinder Goyal Co-founder and Ceo of Zomato (then Foodiebay). In 2008 Deepinder and Pankaj Chaddah together founded Zomato. Foodiebay was renamed Zomato in 2011. He got this idea(foodiebay) when he was working at Bain & Company.
The idea of an online restaurant information service clicked him when he saw there was a huge demand for menu cards among his colleagues. In 2008 he left Bain and founded Foodiebay. Food delivery service is provided by Zomato. Also known as Deepi.
- He is an Engineer.
- He completed B.Tech(Mathematics and Computing) from IIT Delhi.
- Home town:- Muktsar, Punjab
- DOB:- 26/jan/1983
- Father:- Harbans Lal Goyal
- Father’s occupation:- Teacher
- Mother’s Occupation:- Teacher
- Marital status:- Married
- Spouse:- Kanchan Joshi
- Wife’s occupation:- Professor
- Children: Siara Goyal
- His wife’s name is Kanchan Joshi.
- They got married in 2007.
- He met his wife during college time.
- She was also a student at IIT Delhi.
- Bain & Company—As a Senior Associate Consultant.
- He worked at Bain from Jan 2006 to 2008.
- Job Location -Delhi
Social media profile
- Zomato is a food delivery startup founded by Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah in 2008.
- Its headquarter is located in Gurugram, Haryana.
- Zomato allows users to order food online.
- Zomato is providing its services across 24 countries.
2008 Renamed 2010
- The company was renamed Zomato on 18 Jan 2010.
- In 2011 Zomato expanded across India to Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata.
- In 2012, it expanded internationally in various countries including UAE, Qatar, UK Sri Lanka, Philippines.
- At present Zomato has expanded its operations across 24 countries.
- Zomato also launched grocery delivery services named Zomato market in April 2020.
- In April 2020 due to the covid 19 pandemic, it launched contactless dining. The main idea behind this service is to minimize customer contact with things that someone else might have touched.
Read more Biography